Sunday, July 19, 2009

Google Docs

For the most part, Google Docs is comparable to Microsoft Office, but with perhaps a few less bells and whistles. I would have to use more advanced applications in order to make a fair comparison. My documents tend to be fairly straightforward, so I could easily use Google Docs for my own purposes. It might also be more efficient to use the templates created by other users- over time there will be far more templates shared through Google Docs than offered through Microsoft. Google Docs would be great for library patrons who don't have a computer at home. They could save their documents and access them wherever they go for Internet access. Because our Internet goes down every so often, I like having the software on my computer so I can save documents to my hard drive just in case. I like the ability to easily share docs, but I don't think adding an email attachment is that big of an inconvenience. The only thing on Google Docs that I'm fairly certain I will use is the forms- very cool, especially since it can compile the data on a spreadsheet for you in real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment