Monday, July 13, 2009

LibWorm

When initially reading about LibWorm on the N. TX blog and "About LibWorm," I was pretty excited- this might be where I'd find those school librarian blogs I was looking for earlier. Once I started doing some actual searches however, I was a little disappointed. If I were looking for a particular book review, for example, I could find what I wanted pretty easily. But when I started looking for particular lesson information, I only came across some very general information. I did come across some cool stuff serendipitously. I found a feed that had a link to a cool hoax site that would be useful for teaching website evaluation. When I started skimming the school libraries feed category, I found more useful stuff, but not necessarily what I was looking for when I set out. FYI- I thought the "What is RSS" description was very good and would have been useful in explaining Thing 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment