Monday, July 27, 2009

Podcasts

I've never been a huge fan of podcasts. I had a professor who gave a few podcast lectures and I didn't seem to get as much from them. I guess that I'm just not an auditory learner, which I realize does not reflect the rest of the world. I was not very impressed with the school library podcasts- some were taking forever to load, some were missing altogether. One school library had some audio trailers for books that appeared to be recorded by students. The quality was okay. I moved on to the other library podcasts. Sunnyvale had a good quality lecture on podcast. (I didn't listen to all 75 minutes.) The storytelling podcasts from the Orange County Library were also good quality and I could see myself using something like this in my school library. I skipped over some of the technical podcasts. A special exhibit at one library was described in a podcast. I've seen similar usage of podcasts at museums. My overall feeling on podcasts is that audio is more effective when paired with something visual in most cases. We have the technology to do both, so podcasts seem a little outdated.

No comments:

Post a Comment