Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blog Readers

Google Reader is definitely useful for the right person- someone who follows multiple blogs. It is akin to saving websites to a favorites list. In addition to the N. TX 23 and my own blog, I added a friend's financial blog: http://www.nutchelle.com/nutchelle.com/Nutchelle_diaries/Nutchelle_diaries.html
I noted a couple interesting things when I tried to add her blog. One, I had to use the blog page address itself. Her blog is located within her website. Initially, I tried to use the URL address for her home page and it wouldn't work. Two, the title of her blog is listed as "unknown" on Google Reader. I'm not sure if this is because the blog is located within a website, her blog is simply too small in web terms to be recognized or if she just didn't bother to name it. In sum, Google Reader will be helpful in following the N. TX 23 blog, but I won't personally use it for much at this point. I know it's there now and can use it or recommend it when the need arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment