Monday, June 8, 2009

RSS Feeds

Thing 7 explains thing 6 a bit more. Again, RSS feeds are very handy for managing a large number of blogs. I looked around for some school library blogs that might be useful and added them to Reader. I chose the AASL and School Library Activities Monthly blogs. What I really would like to find is a blog in which a librarian comments on weekly lessons and activities in general- curriculum tie-ins, collaboration with teachers, reading programs, the incorporation of technology into library lessons, etc. I want to know what and how different school librarians teach in their libraries. Using the Google blog search option, I found a good one, but the author stopped adding to it in 2005. They must be out there somewhere, but I guess not enough web crawlers have put them on the search engine maps yet. Maybe this is something I need to contribute to by starting my own such blog. In the meantime, I'll keep searching and, when I find them, add them to Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment