Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Facebook

Still a little uncomfortable, I fiddled with the privacy settings until I didn't feel like I was hanging all my lingerie out to dry in the front yard. I already had three friends when I signed up, so I manually requested a few more- my best friend, sister-in-law, sorority sister... I became a fan of running and joined ALA, TLA and the chapter of my college sorority. I wrote an introductory statement on my wall and then another that included a link to ALA's Great Web Sites for Kids. I took a walk down memory lane while searching for old classmates. I have weird feelings about this whole thing. I can't control what my "friends" might post. Like with other technology, I can't pick up on nonverbal cues. It is like personal advertising- who knows what is real or true? While I can pull off extroversion, I'm an introvert deep down and this means of social interaction does not appeal to me. I feel like a voyeur and, alternately, an exhibitionist. Time will tell if I find a comfort zone in Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment